Tuesday 16 December 2008

THE FIFTIETH BLOG... of Imminentness

Hey peeps :>

As the blog count hits the big FIFTY (:3O) I'm sat here no different to always, listening to "The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic (hey, didn't I listen to it when I was doing another blog in the past? I can't remember...)

Still, at least this time it's seasonal. Something for the church choir to sing to the sermonites (that's what I call them as of now. Definition: people who regularly attend church sermons.) And, since I'm in such an aptly festive mood (with Christmas spirit, not euphamistic for homosexuality thank you - not that I have anything against them, not at all.)

One of the best verses from the newly-crowned hymn goes as follows:

Well, the workshop is gone now, he decided to bomb it
Everywhere you'll find pieces of Cupid and Comet
And he tied up his helpers, and he held the elves hostage
And he ground up poor Rudolph into reindeer sausage
He got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger
And he slashed up Dasher just like Freddy Krueger
And he picked up a flamethrower and he barbecued Blitzen
And he took a big bite and said "It tastes just like chicken!"


So, now we're full of Christmas Cheer. Let's get on with looking at what's imminent.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the countdown has hit single digits... nine more days. NINE. That's like, just over a week. Jesus would have been two thousand and eight years old (considering the year after 1 BC was 1 AD... why am I being so mathematical tonight? It's the holidays, dammit, and I intend to hit the maths revision sometime later this week... so long as it's not tomorrow... STILL recovering...)

It's also sixteen days till my seventeenth!

Now, apologies for not blogging yesterday. I did try, but the computer turned off on me partway through. Grrr. Yes, I do realise that it would have been 17 till the 17th birthday... that's kind of a special day in itself... but myes.

So yes, what am I getting for my birthday? Well, not a clue, really, except for money toward driving lessons...


Yesterday was good fun, being a walking advertisement for the Young Enterprisians at the Xmas Market in Wisbech. I even bought a fluffy hat and scarf - they're surprisingly warm and snuggly XD - for the bargain price of nine smackers! Plus, even Kieran says they suit me... but then, Kieran decorates Greeks for Christmas and brings his creations to Mass :P

Don't worry, it's a mutual insider joke (and I'm fully aware that resorting to insider jokes in blogs is quite low, considering the loss of humour amongst the readers of this... so it's worth a try explaining.) Y'see, Kieran rips on me - in a friendly way, of course - about me being Greek... so I do it to him about being Catholic ((which, for the record, he isn't anymore...)) so I think we're pretty equal there.


One thing that is currently annoying me - yes, another tangential topic of conversation (in fact, I believe this is the first one for a long time... I must be losing my touch...) - is my cold - I've had it for about a week, and I can barely smell or taste a thing. I say barely, because I can in rare, short intervals... but today's been especially hell because I've been blowing my nose pretty much all day. It's a wonder I don't go through as many tissue boxes as I should.

With this, there's something even worse to augment the PAIN (oh, I'm quite the young, artistic, poetic sufferer, eh?) - a cough. Now, the thing about THAT is that there are roughly-three hour intervals when I'm completely free of it, and it doesn't cross my mind once. However, when it hits, by Jinzo does it hit. It's like when you complete one round of coughing, you can't breathe in through the throat for some reason, so you make a suffocating sound as you hit Round 2 (only without the slutty young woman jumping about holding a sign in what little clothing she's been paid to wear). Then by the time round five-or-so is reached, you learn by then that holding your nose works (trust me, it just does.), and breath is slowly regained. And when I say slowly, I mean s - l - o - w - l - y...

And that's what I've been up to the past couple of days.

It's also really depressing when it's the 16th of December, and the Xmas tree isn't even up; on one hand, it's kinda the fault of the recarpeting job. Everything's scattered everywhere, the house is a completely different mess to what it usually is... and it's hard to find time when your mother's still at school and you're not.

Oh well :)


Deck the halls with boughs of fish-mas
Fahlalalala...lalalala
'Tis the season to be Christmas
Fahlalalala...lalalala
Come the eve, we'll all be pissed-mas
Fahlala, lalala, la la LAAAA,
CHRIIIISTmas Christmas Christmas Christmas
Fahlalalala...lala...la....*grunt*

And so ends my poetic teen angst-ridden life in blog form.
Here's to fifty entries of Abstract Insanity... and apologies for having to bear them.

Abby Titmuss to all!
Jimbob xxxx

No comments: