Sunday 31 August 2008

Blog of Final Freedomness - me at my pretentious best

Good evening people!

So, this is it. 31st August... wow. After at least three months of being (technically) off school, it's about bloody time to go back. It's a scary thought, but I did miss it after a couple of months. After all, friends are friends. And what better time and place to see them all joined together in suave, [mostly] new uniforms? :)

By the way, the 'mostly new' was pointed toward the male uniform. I've heard some of the females (well, ok, ONE) complain about their uniform's indecency..but hey, we are THE SIXTH FORM! This is THE time of our life to have fun. And I suppose a bit of studying too. Gulp. But don't let that flood everything!

I suppose the purpose of this blog is to take the role of a retirement home resident, and say: We are sixteen. We are at our physical and, in most cases, mental best. Whatsmore, we have more fun at this age! Yes, even me. BRING ON THE NEW ERA! [man I sound like one of the new Gladiators!]

So much for me to look forward to. The fact that I'm doing my best subjects ONLY, the new school play, library work (well... jury's out on that one!), girls in miniskirts... I kid about the last one. Not that I'm not looking forward to the new uniform aspect of it... or the miniskirt aspect of it...

DISCLAIMER: This self-dug hole is trademark Jimbob's. Come, say, tomorrow, I will regret typing this, but I currently don't. Go figure.


I suppose that over this holiday, I've learned things. For instance, having absolutely nothing to worry about is great... but too much of it leads to boredom. Personally, I need things to plague my mind in order for me to... well, work.

I've learned that fun can be had in the simpler things in life, like comforting a friend in need. Sure, not the whole 'laugh-out-loud' WOOOO fun, but there's no better feeling than having people listen to you and take your advice, and even come out better from it.

(At this point, I'd like to point out that I don't take FULL praise from those that do slightly benefit. As much as I'd like to.)

I've learned that passion can come from many sources. The little things that make you who you are, friends, family, the people you love... and donuts. (Sorry, I thought this whole thing was getting too much like JD's final speeches on "Scrubs", so I thought I'd add a little humour).

Speaking of humour, I've also learned that it can light up pretty much EVERY situation. Go on, try it. Even if it's not the previously mentioned "laugh-out-loud WOOOO" funny, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with a little optimism in the darker situations. Nothing at all.

I've enjoyed my two outings, to Spain with the Kerrs, and to London with my uncle and grandparents. I've enjoyed playing video games (particularly Final Fantasy XII, New Super Mario Bros., and Super Smash Bros. Brawl).

Thanks to everyone that's made my summer.


BRING ON SEPTEMBER!
Hope you all had a good August.
And a good summer for that matter.
Love to all.
Jimbob xxx

No comments: