Wednesday 17 March 2010

Blog of Apathy Syndromeness

Isn't it funny how some weeks go far quicker than others? This could be due to a series of events that did (or, indeed, did not) happen. Maybe you're left in the midsts of everything going on, foreseeing more events that you potentially should have prepared for a while ago, and everything's just zooming around your head whilst, at the same time, you question the chances of anything actually happening to you in life beyond school/college/uni/work that is actually exciting with a chance of emphasising who you really are. Maybe the fact that you're currently feeling like a social hermit contributes, and the lack of a significant other - whilst arguably being beneficial (depending on the person you are) - is really getting you down?

Maybe that's just me.

A lot has been going on as of late - some absolutely fantastic, some diabolical(!). So, today's blog features the dilemmas and tribulations of being the most popular kid amongst people five years younger than him (for reasons unknown) as of Wednesday, 17th March 2010, at 9:38pm; also known as now.

Let's start with the good news: Pikachu has given birth to three gorgeous little baby kittens :) the genders are still unknown due to their cords still being on them... but the sweet little things are two days (and approximately four hours) old! Pikachu's proving to be as good a mother as Cathy was (Cathy is Pikachu's mother, now nicknamed Raichu. The babies are known to me as the Pichus).

That's all well and good. Plus Easter begins on Friday! And I get the day off school tomorrow to go to the University of Sheffield for an interview! I actually am looking forward to it. I did like the university a lot when I went in July [the city, however, did not live up to expectations unfortunately] so whatever happens, happens. Boo-yah.

Time for the bad news.

Driving. *sigh*. I had my test at the crack o' dawn yesterday... and I'm pleased to say that I ONLY GOT TEN MINORS!!! which is pretty good when you ignore the four serious errors. Yessirree, I epic failed. Now, the situation is that I have six months to pass my test in King's Lynn before I go to university in the depths of wherever accepts me. That means new routes, and a lot of tension... because if I fail, I've potentially wasted two years' worth of driving practice and money to go with it (I'll point out now that tests, including an hour of lesson directly before the test, is £62 PLUS the cost of a two hour lesson with your instructor. And this value's due to go up to £70, apparently).

So, do I carry on? Give up where I stand? I honestly don't know...

The uni trip tomorrow, I shall not deny, is giving me some concerns. It is, after all, an interview! And considering UCL were actually quite informal with theirs, against all expectations, that could mean that the Sheffield instructors are going to give me hell. Who knows?! Well, I will... come about fifteen hours time...

And yes, poor little Jimbob still feels a bit rubbish in terms of social life. I'm still single, with no signs of liking anyone or anyone liking me. Again, I'm aware that there are two sides to this. Some might say that this is just as well, and that no-one needs relationships anyway.

This is a fair point... but it's been too long! I want to be with someone who not only acknowledges my existence from time to time, but actually gives the impression that they want me to be there... or even better, they feel like they actually need me there.

You wouldn't know it, but this often confused and apathetical mind o' mine does hold some decent gems of wit, wisdom, and probably a little elf called Nigel that controls my thought processes.

When life gets you down, always look on the bright side of life *whistles whimsically*.


Alas, my problems are stupid. I know they are stupid, and chances are I'm writing this to either grab attention, or emphasise to myself that this situation is pathetic and that something's gotta be changed about it, which it won't do if I sit here and do homework all day or chat to people online all night.

Things have got to change.
[See? I've said it now, that makes it official! Yay!]

I'd better go. It's nearly 10pm, I'm sleepy, and I've hardly prepared for the interview tomorrow.

Bye! Jimbob :)

PS: RIP Jim Cronin, who died 3 years ago today. I'm sure the monkeys all miss you dearly.

No comments: