Thursday 29 May 2008

Blog of Emotions. Yes, Jimbob gets sad yet stays under control.

Hey all!

Right. Today was a fun day, mostly. Me and Jack went to Ely, which was pretty cool. We all partied in respect for my Grandmother in all her glory (Happy Birthday!) and as a slight detour from revision - definitely well needed - today was definitely classifiable as "awesome".

And it's not as if anything 'bad' happened today. I enjoyed it!

Of course, the mother and I watch "Boston Legal" - a different, suave kind of legal comedy (yes, there's such a thing, and it actually works quite well). Naturally, the makers of the show try to get to the more... emotional... audience, what with one of the main character's fathers dying of Alsheimer's [apologies if misspelt].

This has got my mother up and crying, and who can blame her. Everyone who reads this should know the person who was taken in his prime of whom was significantly close to me and her.

If you don't know, go ask someone else.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this blog today is because... well, I guess I don't really have a set justification. Sure, I miss my father, and I think about him a lot. And yes, the fact that I lost his special necklace in February and haven't put much effort into finding it still bugs me.

That's all very well for me to say. "I have too much going on in my life, GCSEs, and bluh bluh bluh". But I gotta find this thing. It means the world to me... I guess I just don't show it.

Y'know, there is actually a deepness underneath my happy, maybe dopey self. And even though all of this is going on, I am still happy. Just because I miss someone close to me does not make me an unhappy person. I dedicate special time to the cause, and I even try to communicate with him through prayer.

It's strange, I never classed myself as the religious type.

Another reason to write this blog is just to say... don't try extra hard to dodge the subject, should it be blatantly imminent. I'd be more offended if you started on saying something about my father and never finished. And, as long as this does not offend my father, or anything closely related to him (if anyone tries to twist these words, you are NOT funny.), I will understand.

I miss my father, I loved him (still do) and I wish he was still here. I just don't appreciate being brought into thinking about him in my... happy state. Why? Because I think about him enough. Perhaps more.

As for today, my "happy state" (HA! that sounds like I take drugs or something... I assure you, I don't) has been... slightly tainted. Sorry if I seem a little distant.

But, everyone has their unhappy moments. This blog gets a lot of my mind. Thanks for reading this, and apologies if I have depressed you all.

Hopefully my next blog will have something positive to say!

Best wishes to all my readers (both of ya ;>), Jimmy xxxxxxxxx

No comments: